Thursday, January 29, 2009

Validate THIS

You know how some websites have validation codes that you need to enter in order to proceed? I've seen them when I sign up for various memberships, or when I am trying to leave a comment on different websites.
WHY ARE THEY SO HARD TO READ? I rarely get one right on the first try. Lately I've noticed that some of the sites have a button for disabled people to push so they can hear the mysterious characters being read to them. Well, I click that button everytime. And I'm not disabled.
Isn't there a better way? It's mostly a pain in the ass if the internet connection is slow for whatever reason, and you have to wait for the entire page to reload. Or worse, if you have to refill in all your data.
I just did a google image search to find an example of a ridiculous code, but came up with nothing. My search did, however, turn up this hopeful suggestion:


Ha! As if!
Edited to add:
I found an example!


No comments: